Jetse de Jong
Pianist | Composer
Hearing the joyful 'Blueberry Hill' by Fats Domino for the first time at a young age sparked off Jetse de Jong's wish to become a musician.
In april 2017 he released his first EP 'Prana', consisting of original compositions with his international trio, Robert Rebane (Estonia) on bass and Aurel Violas (France) on drums. Prana is available on Spotify, Soundcloud, Youtube and other streaming services.
In his playing and compositions Jetse shows an accesible and recognizable style; a dynamic mixture of space, lyricism and interplay. His broad musical interests and unpretentious playing makes him a sought-after accompanist. On many occasions he got invited to accompany masterclasses and workshops by guest teachers at the Conservatory of Amsterdam, for example: Wycliffe Gordon, David Linx, Bart van Lier, Nils Wogram, Ronald Douglas, Judy Niemack and Bob Mintzer.
From 15 years old he studied at the conservatory of Arnhem and Amsterdam, participating in the young talent programmes of both schools before entering the bachelor course of the Conservatory of Amsterdam where he is teached by Harmen Fraanje, Rob van Bavel, Karel Boehlee and Hans Vroomans.
- Artist in Residence at the Breda Jaz Festival 2017
- Finalist of the French TV show 'La Grande Battle' 13 november 2011 on France 2 with Tony Vitti. The program attracted 2 million viewers.
- Finalist of 'The Clash of the Coverbands' with the Not2Bigband
- Release of debut EP 'Prana' in april 2017 by the Jetse de Jong trio
- Composed the score for the film 'The Overcoat' in 2017, screened in Film Festival Cannes, Court Métrage, Berlin Short Film Festival
For bookings and information: firstname.lastname@example.org | All Rights Reserved 2018 ©