Jetse de Jong
Pianist | Composer
At the crossroads where improvisation/jazz, folk and classical music meet, is where pianist and composer Jetse de Jong musically resides.
Hearing the joyful 'Blueberry Hill' by Fats Domino for the first time being nine years old sparked off Jetse de Jong's wish to become a musician.
A week-long stay in Trondheim (Norway) proved most influential in helping Jetse formulate his own ideas and concepts. When one listens to his music it becomes evident that chant-like melodies, silence, improvisation and spontaneous interplay are the main ingredients.
From 15 years old he studied at the conservatory of Arnhem and Amsterdam, participating in the young talent programmes of both schools before entering the bachelor course of the Conservatory of Amsterdam where he was teached in classical music as well as jazz music by Harmen Fraanje, Rob van Bavel and Matthijs Verschoor.
- Artist in Residence at the Breda Jazz Festival 2017
- Finalist of the French TV show 'La Grande Battle' 13 november 2011 on France 2 with Tony Vitti. The program attracted 2 million viewers.
- Finalist of 'The Clash of the Coverbands' with the Not2Bigband
- Release of debut EP 'Prana' in april 2017 by the Jetse de Jong trio
- Composed the score for the film 'The Overcoat' in 2017, screened in Film Festival Cannes, Court Métrage, Berlin Short Film Festival
- Single release of 'Benjamin Lucas' featuring John Scofield in June 2019
For bookings and information: firstname.lastname@example.org | All Rights Reserved 2019 ©